Effective Date: April 13, 2017
Last Updated Date: June 14, 2017
THESE TERMS INCLUDE A CLASS ACTION WAIVER AND A WAIVER OF JURY TRIALS, AND REQUIRE BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES.
The Services consist of the following, without limitation: a website and a free mobile application for iOS and Android that provides access tickets for live events for certain cities throughout the country and across the world for all bookings.
PLEASE NOTE THAT these Terms are subject to change by Company in its sole discretion at any time. When changes are made, Company will make a new copy of these Terms available at the Digital Properties and within the Application. If you do not agree to any change(s) after receiving a notice of such change(s), you shall stop using the Digital Properties, the Application and/or the Services. Otherwise, your continued use of the Digital Properties, the Application and/or Services constitutes your acceptance of such change(s). PLEASE REGULARLY CHECK THE DIGITAL PROPERTIES TO VIEW THE THEN-CURRENT TERMS.
- Use of the Services and Company Properties. The Application, the Digital Properties, the Services, and the information and content available on the Digital Properties and in the Application and the Services (collectively, the “Company Properties”) are protected by copyright laws throughout the world.
- Application License. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Company grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to download, install and use a copy of the Application on a single mobile device or computer that you own or control and to run such copy of the Application solely for your own personal or internal business purposes. Furthermore, with respect to any Application accessed through or downloaded from the Apple App Store (an “App Store Sourced Application”), you will only use the App Store Sourced Application (a) on an Apple-branded product that runs the iOS (Apple’s proprietary operating system) and (b) as permitted by the “Usage Rules” set forth in the Apple App Store Terms of Service.
- Updates. You understand that Company Properties are evolving. As a result, Company may require you to accept updates to Company Properties that you have installed on your computer or mobile device. You acknowledge and agree that Company may update Company Properties with or without notifying you. You may need to update third-party software from time to time in order to use Company Properties.
- Certain Restrictions. The rights granted to you in these Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, reproduce, distribute, host or otherwise commercially exploit Company Properties or any portion of Company Properties, including the Application, (b) you shall not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, ticket information, or other Company Properties (including images, text, page layout or form) of Company; (c) you shall not use any metatags or other “hidden text” using Company’s name or trademarks; (d) you shall not modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of Company Properties except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; (e) you shall not use any manual or automated software, devices or other processes (including but not limited to spiders, robots, scrapers, crawlers, avatars, data mining tools or the like) to “scrape” or download data from the Application (except that we may elect to grant the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Company Properties for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials); (f) you shall not access Company Properties in order to build a similar or competitive website, application or service; (g) except as expressly stated herein, no part of Company Properties may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means; and (h) you shall not remove or destroy any copyright notices or other proprietary markings contained on or in Company Properties. Any future release, update or other addition to Company Properties shall be subject to these Terms. Company, its licensors, suppliers and service providers reserve all rights not granted in these Terms. Any unauthorized use of Company Properties terminates the licenses granted by Company pursuant to these Terms.
- Third-Party Materials. As a part of Company Properties, you may have access to materials that are hosted by another party. You agree that it is impossible for Company to monitor such materials and that you access these materials at your own risk.
- Registering Your Account. In order to access certain features of Company Properties you may be required to become a Registered user. For purposes of these Terms, a “Registered user” is a user who has registered an account on a Digital Property (“Account”), or has a valid account on a social networking service (“SNS”) through which the user has connected to the Services (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”).
- Access Through an SNS. If you access the Services through an SNS, you may link your Account with Third-Party Accounts, by allowing Company to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account. You represent that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to Company and/or grant Company access to your Third-Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein) without breach by you of any of these Terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account and without obligating Company to pay any fees or making Company subject to any usage limitations imposed by the operator of the Third Party Account. By granting Company access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that Company may access, make available and store (if applicable) any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags and/or other materials accessible through Company Properties (“Content”) that you have provided to and stored in your Third-Party Account (“SNS Content”) so that it is available on and through Company Properties via your Account. Unless otherwise specified in these Terms, all SNS Content shall be considered to be Your Content (as defined in Section 3.1) for all purposes of these Terms. Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third-Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third-Party Accounts may be available on and through your Account on Company Properties. Please note that if a Third-Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or Company’s access to such Third-Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then SNS Content will no longer be available on and through Company Properties. You have the ability to disable the connection between your Account and your Third-Party Accounts at any time by accessing the “Settings” function of your mobile device. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE OPERATOR OF THE THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNT IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH OPERATOR OF THE THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNT. Company makes no effort to review any SNS Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality or noninfringement, and Company is not responsible for any SNS Content.
- Registration Data. In registering for the Services, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Services’ registration fields (the “Registration Data”); and maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You represent that you are (a) at least thirteen (13) years old; (b) of legal age to form a binding contract; and (c) not a person barred from using Company Properties under the laws of the United States, your place of residence or any other applicable jurisdiction. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Company has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Company has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of Company Properties (or any portion thereof). You agree not to create an Account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself. You agree that you shall not have more than one Account per platform or SNS at any given time. Company reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, in the event of any claim by a third party that a username violates the third party’s rights. You agree not to create an Account or use Company Properties if you have been previously removed by Company, or if you have been previously banned from any of the Company Properties.
- Your Account. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in your Account, and you further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to your Account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of Company.
- Necessary Equipment and Software. You must provide all equipment and software necessary to connect to Company Properties, including, but not limited to, a mobile device that is suitable to connect with and use Company Properties, in cases where the Services offer a mobile component. You are solely responsible for any fees, including Internet connection or mobile fees, that you incur when accessing Company Properties.
- Services and Features.
- General. The Services may permit you to purchase tickets to live events. Company sells tickets on behalf of event providers or third parties in certain instances, which means that Company does not set the ticket prices or determine seating locations. Therefore, tickets for popular events may sell out quickly. Occasionally, additional tickets may be available prior to the event. However, Company does not control this inventory or its availability. In the extremely rare event that we cannot fulfill your order, we will contact you within three business hours. Tickets purchased through our Services are typically subject to a per-ticket service fee and a non-refundable per order processing fee. In certain cases, including with respect to our concierge service, delivery prices will also be owed. Before purchasing tickets, carefully review your event and seat selection. Company will not issue exchanges or refunds after a ticket has been purchased or for lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets. Additionally, tickets not claimed within one week cannot be claimed. Occasionally, live events are canceled or postponed. Should this occur, Company will attempt to contact you to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that event. For exact instructions on any canceled or postponed event, please check the event information online or contact us at [email@example.com]. Event dates and times are subject to change. It is your responsibility to check for any possible changes in the date and time. You agree that Company is not responsible for changes in date or time of the event, and that refunds will not be issued due to event dates or times being changed.
- Referral Codes. After registering for an Account, Company will provide you with a personalized referral code, which you may share with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or other SNS, text message, and/or e-mail. When a friend or family member enters your referral code at check out, they will receive ten dollars off their order and you will receive a ten dollar credit once they have purchased an event ticket via the Services. Referral codes may only be used for personal purposes among your personal connections. You may not distribute your invite code on sites where you are not the primary content owner, including Wikipedia, coupon sites, review sites or in display advertising. You must tell your friends that you are eligible to receive a credit if they use your referral code. Failure to disclose this information is a violation of these Terms and may result in termination of your Account and/or your disqualification from participating in incentive programs in the future. Company reserves the right to cancel this (or any other) referral program at any time.
- Unlocking the RUSH Feature. Company may offer programs whereby the Company would make available certain features of the Services when you share information about the Services through an SNS or click on the “Unlock without sharing” button in the Application. When you are considering purchasing a ticket for a specific show or after you purchase a ticket, if you select the “Share” button in the Application, Company will make available to you a personalized link to a Digital Property with text stating, for example, “Check out [SHOW NAME] on TodayTix! I’m thinking of going…” or something similar, which you may choose to share with your friends via SNS. Once you have shared the personalized link through an SNS using the Application or selected the “Unlock without sharing” button in the Application, Company will make available to you the RUSH feature, which will provide you with otherwise unavailable offers for tickets to live events occurring in the next week. The opportunity to take advantage of these offers is only available to users who share a personalized link to an SNS through the Application or select the “Unlock without sharing” button in the Application.
- Responsibility for Content.
- Types of Content. You acknowledge that all Content is the sole responsibility of the party from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not Company, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available (“Make Available”) through Company Properties (“Your Content”), and that you and other users of Company Properties, and not Company, are similarly responsible for all Content they Make Available through Company Properties (“user Content”).
- Storage. Unless expressly agreed to by Company in writing elsewhere, Company has no obligation to store any of Your Content that you Make Available on Company Properties. Company has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or accuracy of any Content, including Your Content; the failure to store, transmit or receive transmission of Content; or the security, privacy, storage, or transmission of other communications originating with or involving the use of Company Properties.
- Company Properties. Except with respect to Your Content and user Content, you agree that Company and its licensors, suppliers own all rights, title and interest in Company Properties. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Company Properties.
- Trademarks. TODAYTIX and related graphics, logos, service marks and trade names used on or in connection with Company Properties or in connection with the Services are the trademarks of Company and may not be used without permission in connection with any third-party products or services. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names that may appear on or in Company Properties are the property of their respective owners.
- Feedback. You agree that submission of any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals to Company through its suggestion, feedback, wiki, forum or similar mechanisms (“Feedback”) is at your own risk and that Company has no obligations (including without limitation obligations of confidentiality) with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback. You hereby grant to Company a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, and fully sublicensable right and license (but, for the avoidance of doubt, Company shall have no obligation) to use, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, adapt, modify, re-format, create derivative works of, and otherwise commercially or non-commercially exploit in any manner, any and all Feedback, and to sublicense the foregoing rights, in connection with the operation and maintenance of Company Properties.
- User Conduct. In connection with your use of Company Properties, you shall not:
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, Company personnel, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation, or any order of a court;
- Register for more than one Account or register for an Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself; or
- Advocate, encourage or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing activities in this section.
- Third-Party Services.
- Third-Party Services, Applications & Ads. Company Properties may contain links to third-party services (“Third-Party Services”) and applications (“Third-Party Applications”), as well as advertisements and promotions for third-party products and services (collectively, “Third-Party Ads”). When you select a link to a Third-Party Digital Properties, Third-Party Application or Third-Party Ad, Company will not warn you that you have left Company Properties and are subject to these Terms and conditions (including privacy policies) of another digital property. Such Third-Party Services, Third-Party Applications and Third-Party Ads are not under the control of Company. Company is not responsible for any Third-Party Services, Third-Party Applications or Third-Party Ads. Company provides navigation to these Third-Party Services, Third-Party Applications and Third Party Ads only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Services, Third-Party Applications or Third-Party Ads, or their products or services. You use all links in Third-Party Services, Third-Party Applications and Third-Party Ads at your own risk. When you leave a Digital Property, these Terms no longer govern. You should review applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any Third-Party Services or Third-Party Applications, and should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any third party.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners, providers, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, and licensors (collectively, the “Company Parties”) from and against any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of: (a) Your Content; (b) your use of, or inability to use, Company Properties; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation of any rights of another party, including any users; or (e) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. Company reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Company in asserting any available defenses. You agree that the provisions in this section will survive any termination of your Account, these Terms or your access to Company Properties.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Conditions. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF COMPANY PROPERTIES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND COMPANY PROPERTIES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. COMPANY PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
COMPANY PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION THAT: (A) COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) YOUR USE OF COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) ANY ERRORS IN COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL BE CORRECTED.
ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED FROM OR OTHERWISE ACCESSED THROUGH COMPANY PROPERTIES IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY OR PERSON, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY SYSTEM OR DEVICE YOU USE TO ACCESS COMPANY PROPERTIES, OR ANY OTHER LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM ACCESSING SUCH CONTENT.
THE SERVICES MAY BE SUBJECT TO DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS AND OTHER DISRUPTIONS. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION WITH RESPECT TO SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE QUALITY, EFFECTIVENESS, REPUTATION AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF SERVICES.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM COMPANY OR THROUGH COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
From time to time, Company may offer new “beta” features or tools with which its users may experiment. Such features or tools are offered solely for experimental purposes and without any warranty of any kind, and may be modified or discontinued, AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, at Company’s sole discretion. The provisions of this section apply with full force to such features or tools.
- Limitation of Liability.
- Disclaimer of Certain Damages. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR DATA, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH COMPANY PROPERTIES, OR DAMAGES OR COSTS DUE TO LOSS OF PRODUCTION OR USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR PERSONAL OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, WHETHER OR NOT COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS, OR ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, RESULTING FROM: (A) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE COMPANY PROPERTIES; (B) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED FOR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH COMPANY PROPERTIES; (C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (D) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATED TO COMPANY PROPERTIES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, COPYRIGHT, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY; AND/OR (E) ANY LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED TICKETS, OR THE FAILURE OF A VENUE TO HONOR A TICKET.
- Cap on Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN FIFTY DOLLARS ($50).
- user Content. COMPANY PARTIES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELINESS, DELETION, MIS-DELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY CONTENT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR CONTENT AND USER CONTENT).
- Basis of the Bargain. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN COMPANY AND YOU.
- Violations. If Company becomes aware of any possible violations by you of these Terms, Company reserves the right to investigate such violations. If, as a result of the investigation, Company believes that criminal activity has occurred, Company reserves the right to refer the matter to, and to cooperate with, any and all applicable legal authorities. Company is entitled, except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, to disclose any information or materials on or in Company Properties, including Your Content, in Company’s possession in connection with your use of Company Properties, to (a) comply with applicable laws, legal process or governmental request; (b) enforce these Terms, (c) respond to any claims that Your Content violates the rights of third parties, (d) respond to your requests for customer service, or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Company, its users or the public, and all enforcement or other government officials, as Company in its sole discretion believes to be necessary or appropriate.
- Breach. In the event that Company determines, in its sole discretion, that you have breached any portion of these Terms, or have otherwise demonstrated conduct inappropriate for Company Properties, Company reserves the right to:
- Warn you via e-mail (to any e-mail address you have provided to Company) that you have violated these Terms;
- Delete any of Your Content provided by you or your agent(s) to Company Properties;
- Discontinue your registration(s) with the any of Company Properties, including any Services;
- Notify and/or send Content to and/or fully cooperate with the proper law enforcement authorities for further action; and/or
- Pursue any other action which Company deems to be appropriate.
- Term and Termination.
- Term. These Terms commence on the date when you accept them (as described in the preamble above) and remain in full force and effect while you use Company Properties, unless terminated earlier in accordance with these Terms.
- Prior Use. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you used Company Properties prior to the date you accepted these Terms, you hereby acknowledge and agree that these Terms commenced on the date you first used Company Properties (whichever is earlier) and will remain in full force and effect while you use Company Properties, unless earlier terminated in accordance with these Terms.
- Termination of Services by Company. Company has the right to, immediately and without notice, suspend or terminate your Account and/or any Services provided to you. You agree that any such suspension or termination shall be made in Company’s sole discretion and that Company shall not be liable to you or any third party for any suspension or termination of your Account and/or any Services.
- Termination of Services by You. If you want to terminate the Services provided by Company, you may do so by (a) notifying Company at any time and (b) closing your Account for all of the Services that you use. Your notice should be sent, in writing, to Company's address set forth below or via any other mechanisms that Company generally makes available for such purpose.
- Effect of Termination. Termination of any Service includes removal of access to such Service and barring of further use of the Service. Termination of all Services also includes deletion of your password and all related information, files and Content associated with or inside your Account (or any part thereof), including Your Content. Upon termination of any Service, your right to use such Service will automatically terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of Services may involve deletion of Your Content associated therewith from our live databases. Company will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any suspension or termination, including for deletion of Your Content. All provisions of these Terms which by their nature should survive shall survive termination of Services, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, indemnification, warranty disclaimers, limitation of liability, and the Arbitration Agreement.
- No Subsequent Registration. If your registration(s) with or ability to access Company Properties is discontinued by Company due to your violation of any portion of these Terms or for otherwise inappropriate conduct, then you agree that you shall not attempt to re-register with or access Company Properties through the use of a different member name or otherwise, and you acknowledge that you will not be entitled to receive a refund for fees related to those Company Properties to which your access has been terminated. In the event that you violate the immediately preceding sentence, Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to immediately take any or all of the actions set forth herein without any notice or warning to you.
- International users. Company Properties can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to Services and Content that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that Company intends to announce such Services or Content in your country. Company Properties are controlled and offered by Company from its facilities in the United States of America. Those who access or use Company Properties from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
- General Provisions.
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Company use electronic means, whether you visit Company Properties or send Company e-mails, or whether Company posts notices on Company Properties or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from Company in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Company provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if they were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
- Release. You hereby release Company Parties and their successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that are either directly or indirectly related to or arise from your use of Company Properties, including, but not limited to, any interactions with or conduct of other users or Third-Party Services of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of these Terms or your use of Company Properties. If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
- Assignment. These Terms, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated or otherwise transferred by you without Company’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
- Force Majeure. Company shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials. If a force majeure event occurs that affects Company’s performance of its obligations under these Terms: (a) Company will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and (b) Company’s obligations under these Terms will be suspended and the time for Company’s performance of its obligations will be extended for the duration of the force majeure event. You may cancel the Services affected by a force majeure event which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact Company.
- Questions, Complaints, Claims. If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to Company Properties, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your concerns have been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
- Limitations Period. YOU AND COMPANY AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS, COMPANY PROPERTIES OR THE CONTENT MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- Dispute Resolution. Please read this Section 14.7 (“Arbitration Agreement”) carefully. It is part of your agreement with Company and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
- Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. All claims and disputes (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as set forth below) in connection with these Terms or the use of any product or service provided by Company that cannot be resolved informally or in small claims court shall be resolved by binding arbitration on an individual basis under these Terms of this Arbitration Agreement. Unless otherwise agreed, all arbitration proceedings shall be held in English. This Arbitration Agreement applies to you and Company, and to any subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or goods provided under these Terms.
- Notice Requirement and Informal Dispute Resolution. Before either party may seek arbitration, the party must first send to the other party a written notice of dispute (“Notice”) describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, and the requested relief. A Notice to Company should be sent to: 64 Wooster Street, Floor 2, New York, New York 10012. After the Notice is received, you and Company may attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally. If you and Company do not resolve the claim or dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, either party may begin an arbitration proceeding. The amount of any settlement offer made by any party may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator has determined the amount of the award, if any, to which either party is entitled.
- Arbitration Rules. Arbitration shall be initiated through JAMS, an established alternative dispute resolution provider (“ADR Provider”) that offers arbitration as set forth in this section. If JAMS is not available to arbitrate, the parties shall agree to select an alternative ADR Provider. The rules of the ADR Provider shall govern all aspects of the arbitration, including but not limited to the method of initiating and/or demanding arbitration, except to the extent such rules are in conflict with these Terms. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single, neutral arbitrator. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Each party shall bear its own costs (including attorneys’ fees) and disbursements arising out of the arbitration and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the ADR Provider.
- Time Limits. If you or Company pursues arbitration, the arbitration action must be initiated and/or demanded within the statute of limitations (i.e., the legal deadline for filing a claim) and within any deadline imposed under the applicable ADR Provider for the pertinent claim.
- Authority of Arbitrator. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and Company.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in a court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and Company in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND COMPANY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge.
- Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER.
- Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, including but not limited to the award of the arbitrator and compliance therewith, shall be strictly confidential. The parties agree to maintain confidentiality unless otherwise required by law. This paragraph shall not prevent a party from submitting to a court of law any information necessary to enforce these Terms (including this Arbitration Agreement) to enforce an arbitration award, or to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
- Right to Waive. Any or all of the rights and limitations set forth in this Arbitration Agreement may be waived by the party against which the claim is asserted. Such waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of this Arbitration Agreement.
- Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of these Terms and/or your relationship with Company.
- Emergency Equitable Relief. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before a state or federal court in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of any other rights or obligations under this Arbitration Agreement.
- Claims Not Subject to Arbitration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark or trade secrets shall not be subject to this Arbitration Agreement.
- In any circumstances where the foregoing Arbitration Agreement permits the parties to litigate in court, the parties hereby agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts located within New York County, New York, for such purpose.
- Governing Law. These Terms and any action related hereto will be governed and interpreted by and under the laws of the State of New York, consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act, without giving effect to any principles that provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms.
- Notice. Where Company requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing Company with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to Company is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices called for by these Terms, Company’s dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to Company at the following address: 64 Wooster Street, Floor 2, New York, NY 10012. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by Company by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
- Waiver. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of these Terms on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will remain enforceable, and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Export Control. You may not use, export, import, or transfer Company Properties except as authorized by U.S. law, the laws of the jurisdiction in which you access Company Properties, and any other applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, Company Properties may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any United States embargoed countries, or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using Company Properties, you represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also will not use Company Properties for any purpose prohibited by U.S. law, including the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You acknowledge and agree that products, services or technology provided by Company are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States. You shall comply with these laws and regulations and shall not, without prior U.S. government authorization, export, re-export, or transfer Company products, services or technology, either directly or indirectly, to any country in violation of such laws and regulations.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms are the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede and merge all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
- International Provisions. The following provisions shall apply only if you are located in the United Kingdom.
- United Kingdom. A third party who is not a party to these Terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any provision of these Terms, but this does not affect any right or remedy of such third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.