About Belasco Theatre
David Belasco opened the Stuyvesant in October 1907, having already bequeathed his name on his 42nd Street playhouse, now the New Victory. When he relinquished the 42nd St theatre in 1910, he immediately renamed the Stuyvesant as the Belasco. Following his death, the theatre was rumored to be haunted by his ghost, until it was banished by the risqué production, Oh Calcutta!. The theatre came under Shubert ownership in 1948.
New York , NY 10036View on Google Maps