Why We Love Newsies
The hit Disney musical Newsies, adapted from the beloved movie, has come to CRT straight from it’s Tony Award-winning run on Broadway! Set in New York City at the turn of the century, a ragged band of newsboys take on the titans of publishing, Joseph Pulitzer and William Randolph Hearst. Inspired by the “Newsboy Strike of 1899,” Newsies explores themes of social injustice and exploitive labor, as the newsboys learn to harness their voice in this high octane, dance spectacular and journey to become Kings of New York. Here are a few reasons why we love Newsies, which you can save up to 20% to on TodayTix!
1. The Newsies aren’t afraid to “seize the day.”
2. If they fall down, they get back up again.
3. And if all else fails, they’ll dance it out.
4. The Newsies put friendship first.
5. Though they do find time for a little romance.
6. They aren’t afraid to fight for what they believe in…
7. …and what they believe in most is each other.
8. The adorable Newsies always make us smile.
9. They’re always on the front page in our books!
10. We love “carrying the banner” with our favorite newsboys.