11 Ways to Tell You’re a Bonafide Theater Lover
Here are 11 things only true theater lovers will understand.
1. Your wardrobe is composed of mostly show t-shirts.
2. Your Playbill collection is more closely treasured than your family photos.
3. Shakespeare insults > anything else.
4. You envision full- scale dance numbers during your morning commute.
5. You always know to Stage Door with a backup sharpie.
6. Forget the Oscars (and Grammys, and Emmys, and Golden Globes…) The Tony Awards are the only ceremony that actually matter.
7. You have seen two shows in one day (gotta take advantage of those matinees, too).
8. Tea, honey, lemon, repeat.
9. Cast recording, not soundtrack.
10. You are very careful not to mention The Scottish Play, or say Good Luck. (Merde.)
11. At least half of your Instagram pictures are captioned with theater lyrics.