Tour d’ Theaters Bike Ride
About Tour d’ Theaters Bike Ride
What’s the best way to explore the ever-evolving world of DC theater? By bicycle! Back by popular demand, the TOUR D’ DC THEATERS is going on its third ride to celebrate Theatre Week, and to visit some of the new renovations (and learn more about the upcoming renovations) in the DC theater scene! This is a free, community bike ride led by Theater J Artistic Director Adam Immerwahr that will visit some of the great theaters that have recently renovated—including The Kennedy Center, Theater J, Woolly Mammoth, and the Folger. So strap on your bike helmet and explore the breadth and diversity of the DC theater community. This will be a relaxed-pace, ride with a 9:30am (check-in), going until approximately 2pm. We will begin at Theater J, inside of the renovated Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center. This is a NO DROP RIDE. Please arrive at the ride start location at 9:30am with a helmet and bicycle lock, the ride will depart at 9:45am. We will end the ride with a chance to sit and unwind together at a local bar.
OUR TRIP WILL INCLUDE:
- an exclusive tour of the newly renovated Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center, home to Theater J
- a chance to learn about the upcoming renovation of the Folger Theatre
- a visit to the newly renovated lobby at Woolly Mammoth Theater
- a sneak peek of The Reach, the newest set of venues at The Kennedy Center
- a relaxed pace ride (and flat) ride through the city, led by Theater J Artistic Director Adam Immerwahr
Tell Me More
All riders will check-in and sign a waiver. Please note that if you are using a bicycle-share, there will not be opportunities to dock it along the ride—you will need to rent it for the entire ride period.
Participants under 18 years old will need a parent/guardian signature at the time of Check-in.
Please note participants under 18 years old will need a parent/guardian signature at the time of Check-in.