About Jersey Boys
JERSEY BOYS is the behind-the-music story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. They were just four guys from Jersey, until they sang their very first note. They had a sound nobody had ever heard… and the radio just couldn’t get enough of. But while their harmonies were perfect on stage, off stage it was a very different story -- a story that has made them an international sensation all over again.
Go behind the music and inside the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons in the Tony Award-winning true-life musical phenomenon, Jersey Boys. From the streets of New Jersey to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, this is the musical that’s just too good to be true.
Tell Me More
Oh what a night audiences will have at the Tony Award-winning musical “Jersey Boys,” which plays off Broadway at New World Stages following nearly a dozen years on Broadway. The hit jukebox musical, written by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice, tells the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons: Valli, Bob Gaudio, Tommy DeVito and Nick Massi. Directed by Des McAnuff — the Tony-winning director who also helmed the recent Broadway jukebox musicals “Summer: The Donna Summer Musical” and “Ain’t Too Proud: The Temptations Musical” — “Jersey Boys” recounts how the four band members met and created a unique sound that would eventually lead them to international success.
Although they were thriving on stages across the world, behind the scenes the quartet of Garden State guys were facing legal trouble, financial debts, and personal drama that would tear the band apart — at least temporarily. Throughout the evening’s journey to The Four Seasons’ 1990 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, audiences will hear hits including “Sherry,” “Big Girls Don’t Cry,” “Walk Like A Man,” “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You,” and more.
Tickets to Jersey Boys will be available soon. Set an alert to find out when Jersey Boys tickets are on sale.
What To Watch For
- “Jersey Boys” began at a poker night between book writers Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice. “I’ve lost a lot of money to him on Texas Hold ’Em, which is one of the games we play,” Elice explained. “I finally said one night when I was bereft of money, ‘I don’t have any money to pay my poker debts, so how about we write a show together?’”
- The musical was adapted into a 2014 feature film, directed by Clint Eastwood and included original cast members such as Tony Award winner John Lloyd Young as Frankie Valli.
- In celebration of the musical’s fifth year on Broadway in 2010, the Empire State Building was lit in white, red and yellow, and 52nd Street (where the musical then played at the August Wilson Theatre) was renamed “Jersey Boys Walk.”
- “Jersey Boys” features 33 songs from The Four Seasons’ catalogue.
- Frankie Valli and Bob Gaudio were the driving forces behind adapting their story into a Broadway musical, and writer Rick Elice said: “Bob and Frankie had approval over the final script.”
2hr 30min (incl. intermission)
May be inappropriate for 12 and under. Contains strong language. Children under the age of 4 are not permitted in the theatre.