Big Apple Circus
About Big Apple Circus
The Big Apple Circus brings together the most acclaimed circus acts from all over the world. See horizontal juggling for the first time in America, our award-winning aerial duo Desire of Flight, the astonishing quadruple somersault on the flying trapeze, clowns, acrobats, and so many more wonders — all in our magical and intimate one-ring big top tent!
Tell Me More
Step right up! For over 40 years, the Big Apple Circus has invited audiences inside their big-top tent to showcase the most thrilling, high-flying, death-defying acts from around the world. Written and directed by Mark Lonergan — artistic director of the Drama Desk Award-nominated physical theater company Parallel Exit — the circus features a new female ringmaster, Stephanie Monseu, who says, “Women over the decades have changed the circus culture.”
With a new ringleader, fresh acts, and healthier snack options, the Big Apple Circus is ripe and ready to entertain. Expect performers to fly overhead as they swing from a trapeze or bounce off trampoline walls. Watch a dog drive a miniature sports car. Greet clowns, jugglers, and comedians inside the ring, and don’t forget to catch your breath during the aerial ballet in which gymnasts hang from the circus ceiling by only a thread.
What To Watch For
- Jazz-age juggler Adam Kuchler is a new addition to the Big Apple acts, replacing Barry Lubin, who played the famed Grandma the clown for decades.
- The Big Apple’s animal presenter, Jenny Vidbel, makes the circus a safe place for her furry friends. She works only with domestic animals, lives with them, and even cares for them in their retirement. Plus, all of her costumes have treat pockets.
- While audiences will still be able to snack on concessions like popcorn and cotton candy, the Big Apple Circus is turning a healthier page — making their foods with organic ingredients and fair trade sugar and eliminating dyes.
- New to this circus is the Hall of Wonders, a reception area open an hour before show time featuring select performers, photo ops, and activities like face-painting — for free.
- After each day’s final show, ticket-holders from any performance that day can attend a post-show reception to chat about the circus with select members of the cast and crew.
2hr; inc. 15min intermission
All ages. Children under the age of 2 do not require a ticket and may sit on the lap of an adult, one child per lap.