All My Sons on Broadway
About All My Sons
Three powerhouse stars. One theatrical masterpiece. The towering achievement of the Broadway season.
Best Actress Tony Award nominee Annette Bening, 2013 Tony winner Tracy Letts, and Best Featured Actor Tony nominee Benjamin Walker catapult Arthur Miller’s All My Sons to the top of every theatergoer’s must-see list, in this Tony-nominated Best Play Revival that New York Stage Review calls “as close to perfect as it can be.”
Miller’s drama about the long-hidden secret that threatens to tear apart a Midwest family in the aftermath of WWII comes to blazing new life in a shattering new staging by Tony winner Jack O’Brien. As Variety says, “It packs a wallop all its own.”
Tell Me More
Tony Award nominee Annette Bening and Tony winner Tracy Letts costar as the conflicted and grief-stricken Kellers in the third Broadway revival of Arthur Miller’s “All My Sons.” In the work that launched the Pulitzer-winning playwright’s career, Joe and Kate Keller are impatiently waiting for their son, Larry, to come home from World War II — even though it’s been three years or so since he’s gone missing.
While Kate remains hopeful for his return, her other son, Chris, has already moved on — so much so, that he’s planning to propose to his brother’s former fiancée, Ann. Things become complicated, however, when it’s revealed that Ann’s father is in prison for a war crime he committed with the help of Joe Keller. As details begin to unravel as to why the two fathers sold defective parts for use in war planes, secrets, and motives are unearthed over the course of Miller’s tragic tale that divide the Kellers even further.
What To Watch For
- “All My Sons” premiered on Broadway in 1947, and it was revived in 1987 and 2008, making this production its third revival. It has also been adapted into films in 1948, 1958 and 1987 as well as a 1950 radio play.
- This Broadway production will run at the same time as a British revival, starring Sally Field and Bill Pullman, at London’s Old Vic.
- Renowned director Elia Kazan helmed the original production of “All My Sons”; Miller dedicated the play to Kazan, who is said to have guided Miller through rewrites and rehearsals.
- Arthur Miller wrote “All My Sons” after his first play, “The Man Who Had All the Luck” lasted on Broadway for only four performances. “All My Sons” was Miller’s final attempt before finding “some other line of work.”
- “All My Sons” is based on a true story that Miller read in an Ohio newspaper, which described how the Wright Aeronautical Corporation conspired with army inspection officers to approve defective aircraft engines.
2hr 15min (one intermission)
All My Sons on Broadway tickets on TodayTix
Tickets are not currently available. Set an alert and we’ll tell you when more tickets go on sale.
Once you unlock, the feature will remain unlocked for that show until you make a purchase. Unlocking does not guarantee availability for that day. Tickets are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Rush price is subject to change.
Company may offer programs whereby the Company would make available certain features of the Services when you share information about the Services through an SNS or click on the “Unlock without sharing” button in the Application. When you are considering purchasing a ticket for a specific show or after you purchase a ticket, if you select the “Share” button in the Application, Company will make available to you a personalized link to a Digital Property with text stating, for example, “Check out All My Sons on TodayTix! I’m thinking of going…” or something similar, which you may choose to share with your friends via SNS. Once you have shared the personalized link through an SNS using the Application or selected the “Unlock without sharing” button in the Application, Company will make available to you the RUSH feature, which will provide you with otherwise unavailable offers for tickets to live events occurring in the next week. The opportunity to take advantage of these offers is only available to users who share a personalized link to an SNS through the Application or select the “Unlock without sharing” button in the Application.
View full terms and conditions