American Son on Broadway
About American Son
Do you know where your children are?
A Florida police station in the middle of the night; a mother searching for her missing teenage son. "American Son" is a gripping tale of two parents caught in our national divide, with their worst fears hanging in the balance.
Tell Me More
Kerry Washington (“Scandal”, Race) returns to the Broadway stage alongside Steven Pasquale (“American Crime Story,” Junk), Eugene Lee (Gem of the Ocean), and Jeremy Jordan (“Supergirl,” Newsies), in the riveting new play, AMERICAN SON.
Marking the Broadway debut of playwright Christopher Demos-Brown and directed by Tony Award® winner Kenny Leon (A Raisin in the Sun, Fences), AMERICAN SON is a riveting new play of suspense and surprise, with unexpected twists and turns that describes who we are as a nation, and how we deal with family relationships, love, loss, and identity.
What To Watch For
- Actress Kerry Washington was so intrigued by the play’s script when she first read it that — despite an early morning on set call for “Scandal” — she “couldn’t put it down,” she admits.
- “American Son” marks playwright Christopher Demos-Brown’s Broadway debut.
- The play received its world premiere at Barrington Stage Company in 2016.
- “American Son” is the winner of the Laurents/Hatcher Award for Best New Play by an Emerging Playwright.
- This is the sixth of Christopher Demos-Brown’s plays, which all deal with legal or religious issues.
1hr 30min (no intermission)
Recommended for 14 + (Language) Children under the age of 4 are not permitted in the theatre.