About Mamma Mia!
Over 54 million people all around the world have fallen in love with the characters, the story and the music that make Mamma Mia! the ultimate feel-good show!
Writer Catherine Johnson's sunny, funny tale unfolds on a Greek island paradise. On the eve of her wedding, a daughter's quest to discover the identity of her father brings 3 men from her mother's past back to the island they last visited 20 years ago.
The story-telling magic of ABBA’s timeless songs propels this enchanting tale of love, laughter and friendship, and every night everyone’s having the time of their lives!
Tell Me More
The international hit musical, Mamma Mia! has audiences coming back every year for more fun with this fantastic feel-good show! Featuring the iconic hits of ABBA, the shows transports the audience to a beautiful Greek island to join Sophie, a young woman about to be married. Facing the prospect of walking down the aisle with no one to give her away, Sophie yearns to finally know who her father is. It’s not until she finds her mother Donna’s old diary that she discovers clues to his identity. So, naturally, she invites the three top contenders to come to the island, so that she can learn the truth! This is the ultimate girls-night-out musical with plenty of laughs and the songs you’ll be singing all the way home.
What To Watch For
- The London production of Mamma Mia! opened on 6 April 1999.
- Since then, Mamma Mia! has been seen by approx. 9 million people in London alone!
- The show has performed over 7,500 times in the West End.
- There Mamma Mia! holds the record for the highest attendance in a single week back in 2011. In the week commencing 26th December, 10,760 people saw the show over 10 performances
- Mamma Mia! moved to the Novello Theatre on 6 September 2012.
2hrs 35min (including interval)
Suitable for ages 5+