Six - Live at the Lyric
About Six - Live at the Lyric
SIX, ‘the most uplifting piece of new British musical theatre,’ (Evening Standard) is holding court at London’s Lyric Theatre for a strictly limited season. Prepare to Lose Ur Head.
Critically acclaimed with a spectacularly successful studio album adored on playlists across the globe, The New York Times royally decreed that SIX is ‘pure entertainment’! This sell-out intoxicating Tudor take-off has ‘an incredibly strong and powerful message. Boundary-pushing, genre-redefining’ (The Australian) and is ‘a total blast’ (Chicago Tribune).
From Tudor Queens to Pop Princesses, the six wives of Henry VIII take to the mic to tell their tales, remixing five hundred years of historical heartbreak into an 80-minute celebration of 21st century girl power.
Book now and Get Down to the homegrown historemixed pop-concert musical by Toby Marlow and Lucy Moss at the Queens’ temporary castle, the Lyric Theatre, Shaftesbury Avenue!
The Lyric Theatre is a Covid-19 secure venue, and the following protocols are in place:
- Socially distanced seating
- Temperature checks
- Face masks required
- Contactless food and beverage orders
- Deep clean after each performance
Tell Me More
Historic events are often told by the winners — those who will go on to accomplish monumental feats. But, what happens when the voices of those who are normally silenced are put centre stage? We all know Henry VIII’s wives thanks to ‘that rhyme,’ but hear from the ladies themselves as they remix centuries of hurt into killer riffs and catchy medleys. Going against each other to see who had it worst, the women eventually come together in a celebration of girl power and being a #bosslady.
With a female-only cast and band, this hit musical has definitely put powerful women on the map. Written by Cambridge graduates Toby Marlow and Lucy Moss, this show has taken over the theatre world, with the Evening Standard calling it “the most uplifting piece of British musical theatre.” Fixing each other’s crowns when they’re down, you’ll discover there’s more to the Tudors than just the ruling monarchs.
Tickets to Six - Live at the Lyric Theatre in London are on sale now. Get your Six - Live at the Lyric Theatre tickets today.
What To Watch For
- Six began its West End reign at the Arts Theatre in 2019, earning five Olivier Award nominations including Best New Musical.
- Look out for the queens walking on stage with neon ruff collars and glasses and get ready for a techno mashup for the ages.
- Since the show's cast recording has been available on Spotify, the songs have been streamed over 100 million times.
- Find out who Henry VIII would have “swiped right” for in a hilarious Tinder-inspired section where Tudor dating is brought to the 21st century.
- Listen out for the Megamix. All the songs are mashed up into an epic few minutes of fun.
1hr 15mins (no interval)