Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
A new production of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice’s multi-award winning musical is now playing at The London Palladium for a strictly limited run!
BAFTA and Olivier Award-winning actress Sheridan Smith stars as the Narrator in the eagerly anticipated revival, with Jason Donovan returning to The London Palladium in the role of Pharaoh, alongside newcomer Jac Yarrow in the iconic role of Joseph.
Released as a concept album in 1969, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat has become one of the world’s most iconic musicals, featuring songs that have gone on to become pop and musical theatre standards, including Any Dream Will Do and Go, Go, Go, Joseph.
Please Note: The producers cannot guarantee the appearance of any particular artist.
Tell Me More
“Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” is a show that everyone knows – and maybe even performed in primary school! This take on the biblical story of the dreamer whose dreams came true has been in the West End many times since it premiered in 1973, most recently in 2007 when it starred Lee Mead who snagged the role by winning the TV casting show “Any Dream Will Do.”
This summer, Joseph makes a triumphant return to the London Palladium for a limited run in a flashy new production. This time, donning that psychedelic coat s Jac Yarrow, a hot new discovery straight out of drama school. Joining him is the brilliant Sheridan Smith as the Narrator, along with Aussie superstar Jason Donovan – who of course also played Joseph at the Palladium way, way back many centuries ago. (Well, 1991!).
Joseph is a perfect Palladium show. It’s fun for all the family, with sparkling costumes and energetic pop numbers and is a bit cheeky too! So get your tickets for some feel-good summer fun.
What To Watch For
- Andrew Lloyd Webber (the Lord) and Tim Rice (the Knight) wrote “Joseph” in 1968, to be performed by primary schools. When first performed it was only 15 minutes long!
- One of the things that makes Joseph fun is the many different musical styles you hear in the show. There is an Elvis rock ‘n’ roll number, as well as country and western, calypso, a charleston, a french jazz number, and many more!
- Lots of famous chaps have played Joseph over the years and around the world, including Jason Donovan, Philip Schofield, Donny Osmond, Ian ‘H’ Watkins, Stephen Gately, Lee Mead, Gareth Gates, and Joe McElderry.
- The opening number lists the 29 colours in Joseph’s coat. They are red, yellow, green, brown, scarlet, black, ochre, peach, ruby, olive, violet, fawn, lilac, gold, chocolate, mauve, cream, crimson, silver, rose, azure, lemon, russet, grey, purple, white, pink, orange, and blue!
- The 1991 Palladium production sent the single “Any Dream Will Do” to the top of the UK charts for two weeks. It’s not often a song from a musical makes it to the charts!
2hrs (inc. interval)