Disney’s smash hit musical Aladdin is delighting West End audiences, featuring all the songs from the much-loved film, together with a whole world of exceptional performances and theatrical magic.
Directed and choreographed by the multi-award winning Casey Nicholaw (The Book of Mormon, Dreamgirls), Aladdin is a visual feast. Over 350 dazzling costumes are worn every night, sparkling with over 2 million Swarovski® crystals. The jaw-dropping set features 30 foot-high palace gates and a flying carpet, and is one of the most complex technical productions ever seen in the West End. Over 100 people bring the magic alive at every single performance.
Aladdin is like nothing you’ve ever seen before: magical, spectacular and truly unforgettable!
Tell Me More
Journey to the magical world of Agrabah, the home of Aladdin, a loveable street rat who is looking for a chance at a new life. When a mysterious stranger offers him everything he ever wanted, if he’ll just steal a lamp from a cave, he jumps at the chance. Aladdin finds a magical Genie, with a larger than life personality, inside the lamp who offers him three magic wishes. These two become fast friends and the Genie helps Aladdin win the heart of the Sultan’s daughter, the beautiful Princess Jasmine who understands that there’s more to explore outside of the restrictive palace walls. There’s just one problem, the evil royal advisor Jafar who has his eyes set on the Sultan’s throne!
With all the iconic Disney music you love, including the beautiful love song “ A Whole New World” and the incredible “Friend Like Me”. Don’t miss your chance to see this magical musical live on stage in London.
What To Watch For
- The West End show includes four brand new songs as well as three songs that were written for the film. They never made the final cut of the Disney film due to the running time.
- Aladdin’s glittering costumes are made from millions of Swarovski® crystals. One pair of men’s trousers worn in the finale of ‘Friend Like Me’ uses 1428 sparkling crystals alone!
- Over 350 people, in 50 different workshops, helped to construct all of Aladdin’s costumes.
- Suspended high above the stage to be lowered in, there are 47 different pieces of scenery to construct all of the various locations featured in the show, including the Cave of Wonders, the Sultan’s Palace and the market of Agrabah.
- In its entirety, the set weighs a total of 67 tonnes - that roughly the same as four and a half London double decker buses!
2hrs 30min (including interval)
Suitable for ages 6+