Eugene O’ Neill Theatre
About Eugene O’ Neill Theatre
Designed by architect Herbert J. Krapp, the Eugene O' Neill Theatre was built for the Shuberts as part of a theatre-hotel complex named for 19th century tragedian Edwin Forrest. It opened on November 24, 1925, with the musical Mayflowers as its premiere production. The venue was renamed the Coronet in 1945, with renovations by architects Walker & Gillette, then in 1959 rechristened the O'Neill in honor of the American playwright by then-owner Lester Osterman. It later was purchased by playwright Neil Simon, who sold it to Jujamcyn Theaters in 1982.
New York, NY 10019View on Google Maps
Transportation & Parking
Icon Parking (235 West 48th Street) Quick Park (215 West 48th Street)
R49th Street (7th Avenue)
E50th Street (8th Avenue)