Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre
About Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre
The Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre (formerly the Royale) was originally built in 1927 by real-estate magnates, the Chanin Brothers, as part of a three-theatre complex that also included the Majestic and the Theatre Masque, now the John Golden. In 1930, the Chanins transferred ownership of all three houses to the Shuberts. During the Depression, control of the Jacobs passed to John Golden, who renamed the theatre after himself and ran it from 1934 to 1936. The Shuberts regained control in 1936, restored its name to Royale, and leased it to CBS as a radio studio until 1940. It was renamed the Bernard B. Jacobs in 2005 to honor the president of the Shubert Organization from 1972 - 1996.
New York, NY 10036View on Google Maps
Transportation & Parking
Edison Park Fast (307 West 44th Street) Icon Parking Systems (249 West 43rd Street)
E42nd Street- Port Authority Bus Terminal
3Times Square- 42nd Street