How to Get Ready to Ugly Cry During ‘Steel Magnolias’
Dallas Theater Center’s 2018-19 season opens with the Southern staple “Steel Magnolias,” and it’s going to be bigger than Shelby Eatenton’s wedding hair. Here’s how we recommend preparing for the laughter through tears (our favorite emotion!)
1. Rewatch the movie for the 1200th time.
Our favorite Ouizer quote changes with each viewing.
2. Get your hair done by a professional.And repeat after us: There’s no such thing as natural beauty.
3. Pick out an outfit. Maybe something in blush or bashful?
Just make sure it doesn’t look like two pigs fighting under a blanket. After all, the only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.
4. Make sure you take a nap before you get to the theaterYou don’t need to head to New York with Clairee for some culture.
5. Have a themed snackArmadillo cake pairs well with juice, pork n’ beans, and something that freezes beautifully.
6. Get the girls together for a night out.
Assemble the women you love more than your luggage — just get the gossip out of your system before the show starts. You can always dress up like nuns and go bar hopping after the show.
7. And for the love of God, pack some tissues.
And prepare to ugly cry.