Hanover Theatre for the Performing Arts
Hanover Theatre for the Performing Arts aims to foster a love and appreciation for the performing arts in audiences of today and tomorrow.
About Hanover Theatre for the Performing Arts
The original structure, known as the Franklin Square Theatre, was built in 1904. Later it became known as the Grand Theatre and was owned by Pauline L. Taylor. At that time, the theatre extended to the line of the former Norwich & Worcester rail line, which is approximately the front edge of the present balcony. After a series of renovations in 1925 and 1967, re-opening, and closings, Edward Madaus and Paul Demoga, founders of the Worcester Center for Performing Arts, started the nonprofit in 2002 with the intention of purchasing the former grandiose theatre and turning it into a performing arts center. National Amusements transferred ownership to the Worcester Center for Performing Arts, Inc. for a nominal fee and the Light the Lights! Capital Campaign to restore the theatre began!
Worcester, MA 01608View on Google Maps
Transportation & Parking
As a courtesy to theater patrons, the following lots are attended and secured on performance nights. -Federal Plaza Garage (Primary Garage- pre-pay/cash only) -Worcester Plaza Garage -Franklin Square Society Lot (pre-pay cash only)
Be in the know. Stay up to date and get exclusive offers.
We won't share your information with anyone else